Friday, November 21, 2008

yarn is the new homework

One gnome (the PC gnome) is thisclose to done. I need to run to JoAnn's tonight for polyfill beads (so he'll sit) and some felt for Christmas gifts. Then: assembly begins!

Before I get to JoAnn's, I have to do something for school. My 2nd grad school class is called Leading Teams. I don't like it. At all. The project for the class is not the usual "pretend you are a company who makes widgets" deal. No, instead, we have to seek out a corporate project team that doesn't work for any of our companies and observe them in their team, interview them, make an assessment and evaluate the teaminess. Sounds easy huh? Okay, now try to find a company who's going to let 6 complete strangers come in to their place of business to watch them. I think what I like least is that this instructor is demanding that we get together several times a week in "live meetings" to discuss the project. Our group is spread across the Boston area and we all work full time. How the hell are we supposed to pull that off? Instead, we email. Overall, I'd give the class and the instructor an F. I don't feel like what I am doing in class is in line with the readings or the assignments. I am still assessing what I have learned... but I need to keep my GPA up, so I keep forging ahead.

So, what do I have to do for class tonight?

Woe is me... I'm interviewing a project team at Classic Elite Yarns.

What's a knitter to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment